GlassCast 10 Epoxy Resin
Regular price £23.95
GlassCast 10 is a water-clear, UV resistant clear casting resin developed for smaller or thinner castings such as jewellery, 3D resin-art, gaps/knots/wood inlays and more. It can be used to make parts up to around 10mm thick in a single pour.
Because GlassCast 10 has been developed as a casting resin and not a coating resin, it remains water-clear even in thick sections. It doesn't however, self-level to quite the perfectly flat, glossy finish of our GlassCast 3 coating resin and would require a flat and polish if a perfect finish is required on the open face.
GlassCast 10 Recommended Uses
- Resin jewellery - clear or tinted
- Resin and 'secret' wood jewellery
- 3D resin art - using layers, pigments and effects
- Clear figurines or castings
- Pen blanks, knife scales and other blanks
- Thick counter-tops (up to 10mm) - with embedded objects
- Simulated water on models or scenarios
GlassCast 10 Advantages
- Incredibly clear - no epoxy beats it for clarity
- Highly UV stable - GlassCast 10 is best-in-class
- Natural air bubble release - almost zero trapped air without degassing
- Low viscosity - ideal for intricate castings
- Highly machinable - great for turning, shaping and polishing
- 100% solids - zero shrinkage
- No odour - VOC free
How to Use
GlassCast 10 has been developed for professional users to produce the best results possible. It is not a 'craft' product and not intended for children. Before purchase, storage or use you must read the safety and technical data. Having said that, GlassCast 10 is incredibly easy-to-use and delivers fantastic results under a wide range of conditions.
GlassCast 10 is sold as a kit which includes both the resin and hardener. When you are ready to pour, measure the resin and hardener at the correct ratio and mix thoroughly. Add any pigments or effects and then pour the resin - no more than 10mm deep - into your mould, cavity or wherever you're using it. The resin will reach initial cure in around 24hrs.
Always download the Technical Datasheet from the 'Downloads' tab on the GlassCast web site for full details on correct measuring, mixing and use of the product.
NOTE : We cannot ship this item outside of the mainland UK